Welocme

After years of thinking about starting a Blog I have finally done it. Since about 2005 I had thought having a blog would be interesting, no real purpose but interesting. So here it is "Life & All Its Quirks" day to day life is truly interesting and I believe everyone has a story to tell so here is my story.....

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The First Blog

The First Blog, as I have written in the welcome message I have thought about making a blog for a few years now.  It really serve no real purpose other than a tablet to express your thoughts and share your story.  I think we all have a story to tell, day to day life is a story and as you grow old it becomes a film strip in your mind.  A highlight reel of the good times, the bad times and the quirks of life.  I finally mustered up the ambition to share that film strip, though not an open book but merely the parts I choose to share, and the thoughts I choose to share.

As the internet has made the world a smaller place it has eased communication and made it an every day part of society.  I still remember in the mid1990s when I got my first computer connected to the internet, I could see the world from my Dad's office.  I remember going into a chat room for the first time and talking to kids my own age from around the world.  One of who I still stay in contact with today (though not as much as we should), her name is Lama and she is from Beirut Lebanon we first started talking a chat room when we were both 13y/o.  Then started writing back and forth and now with the advancements in the internet regained contact a number of years later still share a e-mail from time to time.  The internet is an incredible thing, it has changed the world.  Most of us now carry the internet in our pocket or on our belt every where we go.

However with every good comes bad, the internet and this ability to communicate has cause much heartache for many people doing exactly what I am doing now sharing opinion, photos and comments.  Employers now look at these things to get a true character judgment of a person.  With facebook, myspace, blogs etc.  people have opened the doors to their life's to both the good aspects and bad aspects of their life.  However it all comes down to ethics, I was teaching a class last night to an audience of diverse ages and I brought up ethics and gave them what I think is the best definition of ethics and that is " To do what is right when no one is looking"  That is not an easy thing to do but we all must strive for it to make the world a little bit better place.  That is why with this blog I do not really intend on discussing controversial matters or making outlandish opinions, those thoughts are for my own (plus plenty of people are out their every day publishing these).  My purpose of this blog is two fold first to find the good and humorous in life and bring it to light; as well as express the thoughts I have about life in general all while telling my story.  It is not a blog to nag nor complain but hopefully up lifting because Life should be uplifting even with all its quirks!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! I've mostly used mine (http://foxaxon.blogspot.com) for rambling about stuff in my life, linking to my photos and other stuff I'm doing online, as well as posting a few technical documents others may find useful. Mostly, people don't visit my blog but you've probably seen a few posts since I've linked Blogger to Facebook. I'd suggest doing that. Cheers and happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete